Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Senior Moment

No I did not have a "Senior moment"...a phrase used by senior citizens meaning they can't remember something...but I had a moment with the Senior Adults of my church today that truly marked me. I was asked, on short notice, to speak at a weekly Senior Adult Prayer and Bible Study held here at our church. The Bible Study was today, and I was asked if I could speak yesterday afternoon. I guess us preachers gotta be ready any moment to bring it....anyway...before going to speak the Senior Adult Director called my office and said that there was one man that would be there that really knows his Scripture and may interrupt and want to call me on stuff if he didn't agree...just the words you want to hear right before you go speak...well it went good and I did not get any interruption. As a matter of fact after speaking they asked me to stay and all of the Senior Adults gathered around me as I knelt and they laid hands on me and prayed for me, my family, and my ministry. The first one to gather around me, and the first one to pray, was the gentlemen who I was warned about. It was a sweet moment. I love the Senior Adults. One sweet lady with tears in her eyes through her arms around me and said to me, "God is going to use you...oh He is going to use you to reach this young generation...oh bless you..." That was worth the trip to the Senior Adult Bible Study. I thank God that He allowed me to be there today. Thank God for those Senior Adults who love Jesus, and encouraged this young preacher...what a moment...a God moment...a Senior moment!

No comments: