Monday, February 19, 2007

Under the Weather

I am not sure how or why being sick started being referred to as "under the weather" but it makes for a better blog title than "being sick" so I'll use it. On Tuesday of last week I started feeling the sickness come on through minor throat irritation and a subtle cough, by Wednesday, Valentines Day, I was full blown sick. I came down with the flu or some other torturous illness. Great way to spend Valentines Day, especially when my wife had prepared dinner and sent the baby away so we could enjoy it together alone...oh well She really got to display her love to me by taking care of me "through sickness..."

What an awesome wife I have to be able to take care of her sick husband and a newborn baby...I prayed over and over again that she would not get sick. I knew if she did it was over for both me and Noah...so far so good. It lasted far longer than I anticipated. It is crazy how your body will halt you suddenly. It can be rather frustrating when you want to do so much, but your body really will not let you. I am glad its over for now, and I hope it will not soon return...I have never been real big on the flu shot, but I might be right behind the old folks next year getting my fix.

No comments: