Saturday, July 07, 2007

DEER...Lord!


I went running this morning at Boling Park in Canton, GA. It is not that far from my house and they have a running track that is a mile long....it has woods on one side and the Etowah River on the other. It makes for a nice scenic run....and today was no exception. As I began running I looked up and saw a deer run across my path. I thought...well this is a first. The deer (who we will call Bambi) stopped and looked my direction as I was running towards it. I must confess...I began thinking of what might happen at this point...I thought...I have never heard of anyone being attacked and viciously eaten by a deer. Bambi then proceeded to leap into the woods and out of my sight. So I just kept on running...then....Bambi, for some reason, jumped back out and stared right at me one last time. Bambi then took off running into the woods and up an embankment and didn't make another appearance. Bambi definitely made my morning run a little more interesting.

No comments: