Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Laughing

Laughing is awesome...the past 3 days I have laughed more than I have in a long stinkin' time. The late night laughing has for sure been the best! I am pretty sure I almost blacked out a couple of times I was laughing so hard. There are some times when it is definitely not cool to laugh. Today one of those times occurred. It happened this morning while in one of the sessions about discipleship. It was a serious moment. JR had been writing some things down in his workbook that were clearly not in accordance with what the facilitator had instructed. Pretending that he had written something serious he turns around to me and begins to point to what he had written with a serious look on his face as if he was expressing deep concern. But what JR wrote was completely and totally opposite of serious. Needless to say I busted out with laughter in the middle of a serious moment in the conference. The problem is that when you laugh in situations like this it is nearly impossible to contain it. After several minutes I had to get up and exit the room....embrassing...to say the least...but funny...ABSOLUTELY! What adds to the humor of this incident is that later that instructor personally complimented JR on being the most attentive learner she has seen. I love to laugh.....and I know that the rest of this trip will include a lot more of it.

No comments: