Tuesday, July 31, 2007

These Strange Things

Yesterday at the running track I encountered some very odd things. When I arrived there was an ice cream truck sitting outside the entrance of the running area. It doesn't seem like the most strategic place to try and sell ice cream...but I guess among those not so strong willed walkers or runners the ice cream man thought he might have some good clientele. Then I realized they were having football practice for little kids in the middle of the track...that explained the truck I guess.

Another odd thing that happened was that while I was running I began to smell cigarette smoke. That is a first. Two different people walking on the track were smoking....I guess you got to start somewhere, but this was the last place I thought I would be inhaling someone's smoke.

Finally, as approached the final turn of the first lap around the track I encountered some traffic. There were people with chairs and blankets sitting on the running track watching their kids practice. The ridiculous part is that all the runners, including myself, where having to dodge the people. There were plenty of other places they could have sat....why on the track???

It was a strange day to say the least.

No comments: