Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Confession

Confession: I love ice cream. I once heard John Maxwell say, "I love sex and ice cream. And pretty much in that order." I couldn't agree more, but i'd rather over indulge in the former rather than the latter. If you come to my house and are looking for some food you probably won't find much variety. In the pantry you'll discover mostly crackers, cherios, and fruit snacks...all for the little ones. However, one thing you are guaranteed to find at any given time in my freezer is ice cream. This past year I lost over 40 pounds. I did it by being careful what i ate and by the dreaded exercise. But one thing I didn't give up is ice cream. How? One word: moderation. However, if I'm not careful I can easily over do it on the ice cream. Not sure what it is but you can take away any dessert in my life and I'll be ok so long as it's not ice cream. I have a long way yet to go on my weight loss journey, therefore, I must be cautious and disciplined...especially in my love for ice cream.

No comments: