Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted!


This morning my family and I made our way over to our designated polling place to cast our vote for...well I'm not telling you that. As we did, we were uncertain what to expect. With all the recent hype and the dramatic stories of people waiting hours just to cast their much anticipated ballots we were uncertain what it might be like. When we arrived we were pleased to discover that the line was not backed out the door. As a matter of fact, there was no line at all. My wife and I voted and it took us less than 15 minutes. The only reason it took that long is because we had to take turns so that one of us could stay in the car and watch the babies. I am sure that others were not so fortunate, and I am certain there will be many waiting in those exasperating lines tonight as those yet to vote do so after work. However, I think the biggest wait will be the tallying of all the votes. I believe this could be longer than the Bush/Gore fiasco of 2000. Hopefully not, but more than likely it is going to be a while before we know who will be presiding over our country in the oval office.

No comments: