Monday, July 02, 2007

An Amazing Moment....

Being a dad is awesome! This morning I walked into the living room where Heather and Noah were sitting on the couch and went straight to the kitchen to get some breakfast. When I walked passed Noah without acknowledging him he began to fuss a little. I must be honest...that made me a little happy that he wanted my attention that much. I love that little kid so very much. Noah was unsettled until I finally went in there and grabbed him. When I did he got this big grin on his face...and his little eyes lit up like they do, and I embraced him and gave him a big good morning kiss.

As I was thanking God this morning for that moment I had with my son...thoughts flooded my mind and I began to ask God to give me the desire to be in His presence and have His attention just like my son wanted my attention. I asked God to give me that same kind of deep longing my son had when he was crying out for me. I asked God to give me that kind of desire to feel His embrace, to feel His kiss. I then asked God to give me the desire to cry out for it just like Noah did for me when I feel like He is not giving it to me.

As a father...I loved giving Noah that embrace when he was crying out for me. I loved seeing that smile. As a matter a fact...even when he seems like he wants nothing to do with me....I still love to embrace him. How much more does my heavenly Father love to embrace me when I cry to Him! How much more does He want to sweep me up and kiss me....even when I want nothing to do with Him! What an amazing moment God gave me this morning....

No comments: