Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Diet And Exercise

Well...I started dieting again yesterday. 1500 calories...that is all I can eat. I know this way of dieting works because last year I lost almost 50 pounds...but then came the holidays...since then I have put a lot of that weight back on. So I decided to go back at it. This time is a little different though because I have some accountability. JR and Todd are here to hold me to it. This morning I worked out with them...I am a little sore now, but I know it will most assuredly hit me strong in the morning. Instead of running this morning we swam in the pool. I had no idea that you could get such a good work out in the pool. I thought it was going to be easy, but it most definitely kicked my butt.

Losing weight has been a huge struggle for me. Let's face it...I like food. Particularly, I like the food that is high in fat....like Wendy's double cheese burgers, pizza, and my all time favorite....ICE CREAM! But I can no longer let food control me. If I am to be under the control of the Holy Spirit I can't be under the control of food. There are so many over weight people in my profession and it is rather distasteful. I am one of them at this point, but I am ready and willing to make the change. It is going to be difficult. It is going to be hard, but it will be worth it. Pray for me in this endeavor...and encourage me in it!

1 comment:

Aaron Brookshire said...

Good luck man! You can do it. If it works out, then maybe I'll do it too! After all, I'm another disgusting fat guy in the ministry.