Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Runnin, Runnin, And Runnin, Runnin....

Running is what I have been doing for the past week....and even this morning JR, Todd, Jason, and myself went running while we are up here in Toccoa for the GA Baptist Church Planters Basic Training (more on that later). I must admit...running is about as fun as getting your eyes poked out with a butter knife...However, I think I am starting to get into the "groove". I haven't yet experienced the so-called "runners high", but I have been able to increase my distance progressively each day...and my time as well. My goal is to be able to run a 5k by the end of August....now I don't plan on doing well....my goal is just to finish the race without someone having to use a defibrillator on me or taking me across the finish line in an ambulance. I am trying my best to do a complete life change when it comes to my physical health....one day at a time....and one meal at a time...even when it means there is no ice cream at the end of it....God help me!

No comments: