Thursday, October 25, 2007

The New Adventure

I have embarked on a new adventure. About 2 weeks ago I told you that I was going to make an announcement but at that time I needed to have some conversations before making it. Well, those conversations have happened, and now I am going to share with you my new journey.

Without going into the whole story that led me to this decision I must tell you it was made with much caution and much care. In the beginning the plan was for me serve on staff at Freedom for about 2 years or so. Then, they would launch me as their first church plant. Going with them would enable me to learn all about church planting while at the same time serving them full time. It was a great plan, and I am so thankful and grateful that JR and Todd were willing to invest in me and provide such a wonderful opportunity. However, God has other plans. Instead of staying with Freedom then launching in 2 years God has led me out now. I have already learned a lot and I am thankful for the investment JR and Todd have made in me thus far.

In light of this, about 3 weeks ago now, I officially resigned as the Connections Pastor of Freedom Church. It was a very difficult decision for me for many reasons. Number one is that I love those guys very much and I am so pumped about what God is about to do at Freedom, and is already doing. I believe in the vision and the dream of Freedom and very much want to be a part of it. However, God has clearly revealed to me that my part is not staying as the Connections Pastor and then launching out later. The time is now for me leave and plant. With that said, however, I will be there until Freedom launches in January to serve in this role.

So what exactly does that mean for me? Well, God has called me to launch a new work. That is, to plant a church. God has given me a dream and a vision. I am pumped about this new adventure and all that God has done in bringing me to this point. I am not sure where as of yet, but I am praying and trusting in God's leadership as I continue in obedience to this endeavor. Partner with me in praying for this new journey...this new adventure!! I will keep you posted.

No comments: