Monday, October 22, 2007

Unworthy?

I have heard it prayed. I have heard it said. I have prayed it. I have said it. I have believed it. That is that I am unworthy of God's love. That I am unworthy of God to save me. That I am unworthy for God to want a relationship with me. I am simply, unworthy. It is true that I was once lost and dead in sin. It is true that I was once fallen and far from God. It is true that I was once unholy. It is true that I once was and am still undeserving of God's love, mercy, forgiveness. It is true that I am deserving of His wrath in lieu of His redemption. It is not true that I am unworthy. For it is my worth to God that caused Him to put on flesh and take upon Himself the full wrath of my sin. It was my value to Him that moved Him to act on my behalf in such love. I am of such value and worth to God that He paid the most supreme price in order to bring me life, freedom, and hope. I am alive because of the great worth that God sees in me!! There is a great distance in being unworthy and being undeserving. You need to have the correct perspective because it alters the way you relate and interact with your Savior.

1 comment:

Josh Bradley said...

This was a great post!!! If we could only see ourselves like Jesus sees us.....