Monday, November 05, 2007

Great Expectations

Two weeks ago my associate pastor and I drove up to a potential site for planting our church in order to meet with some guys and tour the area. I was truly excited about going. I really thought this might be the place God is leading us to plant this church. I was expecting to get there and have this immediate connection...you know, where angels would sing and music would serenade...the whole nine yards. But that wasn't the case. Actually, there was no connection at all...no singing angels, no music...nothing. This puzzled me a little...a lot actually. The only thing it did was motivate me to go back to the drawing board and do more research in other potential areas. So I've been doing just that ever since. Is this type of connection all that important? Should I be expecting some special connection? I don't know...I've never planted a church before....but I would expect something...maybe.

No comments: