Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day

This morning on the radio they played arguably the most popular speech in American history...the "I Have A Dream" speech my Martin Luther King Jr. I love that speech! It gives me chills every time I hear it. MLK was a man of vision, passion, and resilience. He was willing to sacrifice everything for the CALL on his life...and in the end he did...and it was most definitely a noble cause. The people on the radio station asked the question...would he be proud today about the progression we've made since his movement. No doubt he would indeed be proud....but I'm convinced that if he were here now he would be just as zealous for the cause he gave his life for...never being satisfied, but always moving and progressing forward with the same enthusiastic passion, and even bigger dreams.

MLK went against the mainstream, and for that he was met with much resistence and criticism...but it never slowed him down...he was committed to what he believed. The questions of the day are...am as committed to the task God has called me to? Am I willing to sacrifice everything and become the target of resistence and criticism? Will I end with the same passion and resilience that I'm beginning with? Is the task I'm committed to so great that I'm willing to lose everything in order to see it come to fruition? Well......?

No comments: