Wednesday, April 02, 2008

One Thing I Do Know

In John 9 there is a story told of Jesus healing a blind man on the Sabbath. Instead of focusing on the miraculous healing of a man who had been blind from birth the Pharisees were ticked about the fact that it was done outside the bounds of religious tradition. They were more concerned about nailing Jesus for breaking the "rules" than they were rejoicing in the new life this man had received. I love the response of the healed man to the bickering questions of the Pharisees..."Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

Reveal Church is committed to providing environments that will allow people to encounter Jesus in such a way that they can echo the sentiments of the once blind man..."one thing I know. I was blind but now I see!" Even when it means challenging religious tradition.

No comments: