Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday Confession

I Confess: I hate to wait. Whether its in a line at Starbucks or getting something I'm expecting in the mail, I hate to wait. Whether its a line at the mall or sitting in unexpected traffic, I hate to wait. I must admit though, if the aforementioned where the extent of my waiting issues then it would not seem half bad. I get into trouble, however, when it is waiting on things that bear great consequences. For instance, I often hate waiting on the results that I perceive to be the best. I hate waiting on the proverbial "God's Perfect Timing." I want things to happen the way I think they should happen and I want them to happen fast. Also, there is almost always additional exterior pressure that makes the waiting all the more difficult. This presents a great tension in my life that produces a struggle with the process. Getting to the so called "there" requires a process that begins with "here". What's in between is the process. The process involves lots of work, which I'm not scared of. I like to work. As a matter of fact that's probably another confession in and of it self. In addition to work, the process also involves waiting. The thing which I confess today that I hate. Am I alone in this?

No comments: