Monday, March 26, 2007

March Madness as a Bulldog Fan

Unfortunately as a Georgia Bulldog fan (God's Team) March Madness is meaningless. I hope one day that will change, but I refuse to be one of those people who have a college football team they cheer for and a separate college basketball team they cheer for. I think Jesus described these people in Revelation 3:15-16. These people want the best of both worlds. Their team is good at one sport and not the other so instead of being a faithful supporter of their team regardless of their win/loss record they find another team that is good at the other sport and so satisfy their longing to be a happy fan year round. I question their true loyalty to either team. These people are really delusional if you think about it. Who do they really pull for? What school do they really support? They are neither hot or cold. These people are usually the people that get mad at those who "cheer for their conference" when it comes down to the National title. How do they have the right to get mad at those who cheer for their conference (I am not one of those by the way) if they can not even cheer for the same team in both sports? I think these people need to get the plank out of their own eye before they start trying to remove the splinters in other peoples eyes.

Let it be said that I am a Georgia Bulldog fan, period. I do not cheer for my conference, the SEC (though it is hands down the most difficult conference). Regardless of how bad they might be at one sport and how good they are at another I will always be a fan that stands with true pride and boldly proclaims.....GO DAWGS....SICK'EM!!

No comments: