Saturday, March 31, 2007

Obstacles

I drove to Cumming, GA yesterday afternoon to meet with Shawn @ MLC. The meeting was unbelievable...he is awesome! I left there so pumped up! More on that later though.

Cumming is about 40 to 45 min from Woodstock, GA. I left my office at FBCW so excited about the meeting that I was in another world...ever been there? My mind was racing with so many thoughts that when I came back into touch with reality I realized that I was driving the wrong way. I had to quickly revise my route and get back on course. When I did that I ended up behind a gigantic cement truck....always lovely. Now I left in plenty of time to get to the meeting but when I am in a car going somewhere I am always in a hurry...I just am. When I am driving I mean business...if you are in my way you will know because I will get so close to the back of your car that I can reach in and change the radio station...so there I am behind this stinking cement truck going 35 mph...needless to say I was about to pull my hair out. I finally got around the cement truck...I won't say how because my mom reads this sometimes and she would just die...I am okay mom... so I overcame the obstacle of going the wrong way and getting beyond the cement truck and I am moving along on my way jamming to some Hillsong...when all of the sudden an 18-wheeler pulls out from a side road and gets stuck...in the middle of the road... blocking both lanes of traffic. The operator of this truck proceeds to get out of his truck (which is in the middle of the road remember) and starts trying to figure out a way he can get out of his predicament. Talk about frustrating...I could feel my face getting hot! He finally managed to maneuver his truck out and of course I followed him all the way to my destination at a speed of about 40 mph. Just lovely...

Obstacles are frustrating...very frustrating...especially when you know where you are going and you are determined to get there. Life is filled with obstacles. Often times they place themselves smack dab in the middle of the pathway of your dreams. How you respond to those obstacles will determine whether or not you will ever see your dreams become reality. You can give up and in so doing miss the opportunities that lie ahead. You can try to find an alternate route that will make your pursuit easier, but risks the chance of getting lost and so losing the original dream and settling for the safe. Or you can press on, staying the course and overcoming the obstacles when giving the chance, or pressing through them when its all you can do, knowing that on the other side of these obstacles are your destiny...your opportunity....your dream!! Stay determined...stay the course...never give up...pursue the dream! On the other side of the obstacles is your dream. When you get there... you will never regret it!

No comments: