Saturday, June 16, 2007

3 Cities, 2 Planes, 1 Destination

Thursday I arrived at the airport in San Antonio, TX at around 4:15am. I was trying to catch a flight to Atlanta at 5:45am. Heather and I were flying standby....her and Noah made the 5:45 flight, but I didn't. There was another plane leaving at 7:15....I didn't make that one either. The Delta dude told me that my best chance of getting to Atlanta was to take the next flight to Salt Lake City, UT. So that's what I did. I didn't make the first 2 flights out of Salt Lake to Atlanta so I was there for 4 hours. I finally got on a flight that landed me in Atlanta at 8:30pm.

As luck would have it I sat in the middle seat on the plane....the perfect seat for a big guy like me....nope, not really....the dude sitting by the window spilled his diet coke on me, which was pleasant, and the plane ride from Salt Lake was 3 1/2 hours. Never have I been more ready to get off of an airplane and out of an airport as I was Thursday night. One thing is for sure, I am more passionate about not flying standby than I have ever been....I will never....never...ever....do it again!

No comments: