Monday, September 24, 2007

Gatlinburg Thoughts

Today there was some free time before I had to go over to the conference center and sell products. I was so hyped up on the 6 espresso shot Iced Americano from Starbucks that I had that I needed to get out of the hotel. So I walked the streets of Gatlinburg and these are some of the thoughts I had...

1. Why do people pay for ridiculous looking T-shirts with stupid sayings, and why do so many different shops sell them?
2. What the heck makes fudge so expensive?
3. I am pretty sure that the only people who find a Gatlinburg vacation a lively and happening get-a-way are rednecks and old people.
4. Airbrush...is anything remotely cool about that?
5. Old timey pictures....there are at least 20 of these places in a 2 block radius.
6. I hate the Tennessee Volunteers.
7. What does the phrase..."they are a trip" mean?
8. I love Jesus, but I hate "Christian" stuff and "Christian" shops.
9. Even though Todd is relaxing on the beach, I know he and JR are jealous that I can walk down the street and get a Fannie Farkle corndog.
10. The Reagan Inn...probably a really nice hotel in the 70's and before they smelled like stale cigarette smoke...not so much now, but at least I have a bed and clean (I think) sheets.

No comments: