Monday, September 03, 2007

Hanging With The Giants

This weekend was unbelievable!! Pastor Johnny went on sabbatical in the late part of June until the first week of August. To make up for the lost month of the mentoring program he had Heather and I over at his house for Labor Day weekend. He spent time with us and the other couple in the mentoring program all weekend. It was awesome to spend time with Pastor and ask questions and learn. He is a giant and I can't believe I get to hang with him this year!!

Early this afternoon I stopped by Starbucks with my wife and son and Dr. Jerry Vines was there. Being in the mentoring program with Pastor Johnny has allowed me to get to spend time with Dr. Vines as well. He is an unbelievable leader in SBC life...another giant. My wife, Noah and I sat down with him and had coffee for a little while!! It was awesome!!

No comments: