Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We are in the "no" teaching phase with my son Noah. I know that he
understands the word because he tells us "no" when he does not want
something. However, he often ignores "no" and does things we don't
want him to. This is where love gets tough because discipline results
from his disobedience. Its the hardest thing in the world to
discipline Noah especially when he looks at me with those big
beautiful brown eyes he got from his mom, but I know this is shaping
who he is and who he will become.

It reminds me a lot of my relationship with my heavenly Father. He
gave me His Word and The Holy Spirit to instruct me and guide me, yet
I often do things I know He has said "no" to. How much more must it
pain Him to enforce discipline. But He knows its vital to who I am and
who I am to become.

No comments: