Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Coffeehouse And Free Wifi

Getting some work done today at the Woodstock Coffeehouse. I used to frequent Woodstock Coffeehouse so much that when they saw me coming in the door they made me my favorite drink...iced coffee with a little skim milk...and they always called me by name. It was good to come in today and see the owner....Kevin...I haven't seen him in a while so we briefly caught up. This is a cool place. The atmosphere is good...both locations, the coffee is out of this world, and if you like desserts...they bake them fresh...and I must say they are divine!! And the one thing that makes this place all the more better is the always delightful....free wifi.

You know I was thinking about the free wifi idea today. Why would you not do that if you are a coffee shop? I mean....you are going to need internet anyway so its not like it is a great expense you have to add...you're already paying for it...so why not use it to attract customers in to buy your products, which is what you are really trying to sell anyway. I guess Starbucks is just that fortunate to have such a popular brand that they can not only make a small fortune on their coffee....they can likewise make it on their internet. Well, I love the places with the free wifi...so even though I am a huge Starbucks fan....I will always choose free internet over their coffee, but thats just me.

No comments: