Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"I WON..."

Well, no, not really...but someone did. The lottery that is. I heard this morning on the radio that in New York they were selling a million tickets an hour...now if education is to be benefiting from lottery sells...those folks in New York ought to have the best stinking schools in the country after yesterday. I heard that someone in Dalton, GA...that is not far from me...bought the winning ticket. There might be 3 winners from what I understand of the 370 million dollars that was up for grabs, and for sure 2 winners...one in Dalton, Ga and the other in New Jersey. 370 million dollars!!! Can you imagine going to bed last night with modest gain, then waking up the next morning only to find that you are a millionaire. What a change in lifestyles that would be. As I was driving down the road I was thinking what I might do in those initial moments of finding out that I had won. Having lots of money seems to give you some power that you lack when you don't have it. There are certain decisions that you could clearly make if money was a non-issue. Why is that? Why do we let money become our decision maker? Why does money decide for us what we are going to do with our lives? Why does money decide where we go, what we do, and how well we do it? I was reading this morning of a man who had a demon possessed son. He went to Jesus and said, "IF you can do anything...help us." Jesus responded to the man saying, "'If you can?' Everything is possible to the one who believes." Why do we not believe Jesus? Why don't we trust Him, that if He wants us to go somewhere or do something money really is already a non-issue, whether you possess it in abundance or not. Sometimes I find myself relating to the man in the story...as I had, "had I won...this is what I would do..." thoughts this morning I began thinking of the risks I would take...which really would not be risks I guess if I had the money...I thought about the things I would try and accomplish, the adventures I might take, the things I would do for the kingdom, for others, etc...only if I had the power of money. IF...well for me there is no IF...I have a power greater than money...Jesus. Why do I not believe if God wants me to accomplish it He not only can, but He will? I guess I really have won...if only I would believe.

No comments: