Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stevie Flockhart...He Talks A Good Talk...But...


My friend Stevie and his brother Andrew came over last night and we played some Madden on the XBOX. Now Stevie insisted that Andrew and I play first since he was going to destroy whoever played him anyway. He said I should have no problem taking Andrew...he isn't that good. Well, Andrew beat me. Instead of letting the winner, Andrew, advance to play his brother I declared I would take on Stevie...you can change the rules in your own house. Well Stevie talked himself up, saying things such as, "the score will be 58 to 7 me," and, "I am going to destroy you." So I played Stevie. He was the Falcons, and I was the Colts. The entire gave he ran his mouth about how good he was, and how I was going to lose. I was down by 3 touch downs in the 3rd quarter. It looked like Stevie was right. He had destroyed me....oh, but then came the 4th quarter. I managed to tie the game up throwing Stevie off with a combination of some running plays and some play action passes. Needless to say, he was getting a little nervous. Andrew was cheering me on. He was on the edge of his seat hoping for the demise of his own flesh and blood...that's my boy Andrew...that's my boy. With under a minute to play I stepped up my defense and forced Stevie to punt for his life. I had the ball with just 34 secs remaining and only one time out...I must admit the defense was strong and I quickly burned my timeout and had to go no huddle. With one second left Stevie made one final mistake...he jumped offsides. This gave me the opportunity to pick one last play and make one last heave to the in zone. The ball was hiked, then the ball was thrown, then the ball was caught, and then the touchdown was scored. Andrew and I jumped with excitement as Stevie sat astonished by the huge upset....it was utterly priceless. I had to capture the score, just to make sure no untruths could be spread...oh yeah, did I mention this was my first time ever playing Madden 07.

3 comments:

J.C. said...

hey mark this is j.c. from old millington ask stevie if he remembers when i beat him in ncaa with memphis versus fla state. I'm sure he won't remember but he did the same ol im too good to play you first thing.

Anonymous said...

this is not stevie, but i'd just like to say that he plays like a champion. he was probably nice enough to let you win... he might even let you win a few more to build some confidence. again, my last name is not flockhart, and as for your precious little picture of the score for clarification. you ever heard of photo shop? get real bro.

Anonymous said...

o yeah... i dont know that guy j.c, but he was so lucky that night. hail mary everytime or something...