Thursday, May 17, 2007

Funny Things I've Read In The Bible This Week

Here are some funny things that I read in the Bible this week. I know those who are super spiritual will think I am blasphemous because I am saying that there are things in the Bible that are funny, but I don't care because I thought these were funny...get over it.

  • "When Adoni-bezek fled, they pursued him, seized him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes (Judges 1:6)." -big toes....that is funny
  • "...Eglon king of Moab, who was an extremely fat man (Judges 3:17)." -what a way to be remembered and described to others....that is funny
  • "Even the handle went in after the blade, and Eglon's fat closed in over it, so that Ehud did not withdraw the sword from his belly (Judges 3:22)." -get in my belly!! Poor guy....but it's funny

I am sure that these are not meant to be funny, but let's face it to the modern day reader of these passages...they're funny!

No comments: