Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Love Church Planters

The call on my life to plant a church is so clear. Over the past year or so I have dove in to the "realm" of church planting and church planters. It has been awesome. Today I went to check out Ridgestone Church where Gary is doing some amazing things. It was awesome and they are about to do the impossible...but that is a good thing because that is where God is good at showing Himself. I am pumped and excited about what they are doing and will look forward to watching God work!

Just a few minutes ago I read a blog by my friend Shawn. Shawn was talking about multi-site churches. They are about to go multi-site...which is something that seems to be really effective in today's church. What most pastors are doing though is broadcasting themselves via video into other campuses. Shawn does not want to do this. It is the first time I have heard of someone wanting to train up and empower others to communicate the gospel in this endeavor of being multi-site. I have been thinking about multi-site and the idea of piping yourself in....I never was comfortable with that idea, so when Shawn said they were going to do multi-site I was watching to see how they were going to do it. I love what he is doing. This is what it is all about....equipping others....go read this blog. Shawn never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: