Saturday, August 25, 2007

Alligators!!!


There really are alligators in the the ponds that are spread all throughout the community we are staying at in Hilton Head. Last night on our way in from dinner we noticed all the cars pulling off the road and people getting out with cameras. As we approached we saw why. It was a HUGE alligator laying in the grass by the pond...I mean HUGE!! It was as big as the ones you would see in the zoo...but it was free to roam!! Shea and I drop the girls off at the house then went back up with our cameras to try and capture the beast...but we were too late...we did find two more that were out...one that was pretty big the other not so much. But as we got out of the car to approach a safe distance to get a photo...it charged at us with mouth open!!! Those things are faster than I thought!!! We made it to the car just in time...I closed the door just as it was launching at my legs.....had it gotten my leg it would pulled it right off...just like I am pulling yours!!! The alligator really just crawled back in the water before we could snap a good photo....I got a picture of him swimming but you have to look really close in the center....

No comments: