Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Decisions: Part 2

I originally didn't plan for there to be a part 2 to my "Decisions" blog...nor do I think it is anything earth shattering...I just think it is a very important topic...and well its my blog I take free reign on what's written.

When it comes to hearing from God on certain decisions He most often doesn't lay out the entire plot He wants me to pursue. A lot of times people expect God to just give them the entire plan for their lives, particularly all the "how to's" and the "whys?"...but God does not work like that very often. He leads us step by step through a process. He leads us day by day in the journey. In Isaiah 30 God tells His people, "whenever you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: 'This is the way. Walk in it.'" As long as we position ourselves before God to allow Him to speak to us at every turn (whether to the right or left) we will hear from "behind" His voice telling us "this is the way...walk in it." You must stay in tune with God at each turn, and trust Him as He leads. Sometimes the place He leads will not appear as the "best" way, nor will it always appear as the "most logical". But His ways are not our ways, they are above ours, and we must trust Him no matter how it appears.

No comments: