Monday, October 27, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Blogger

Ok...I admit that I am terrible at blogging. I didn't used to be a bad blogger. I was at one time or another much more intentional and consistent. I know that my inconsistency in blogging has caused many a reader to grow weary and thus turn their attention and blog-affection to other more notable, consistent and time worthy reads. I, at one time, made a point to blog at least 4 to 5 times a week. I shared, what many other consistent bloggers possess, a passion for exposing written thoughts, experiences, ideologies, or just randomness to a following world, known and unknown alike. I hoped that by some chance a more esteemed blogger might one day intersect my path of scattered thoughts and my words would send them into a state of euphoria as they become mesmerized by my breathtaking blogging abilities. Then, overwhelmed by my well articulated pontifications on a plethora of interesting topics they would do for me what all bloggers secretly hope for...the LINK. Yes, the link. Who does not dream of the link? Not just a mention of the name, but a link to a watching blogger world that sets in motion a chain of reaction, an endless wave in a blog-thirsty cosmos. With vigor they would link me to a watching world where I could be exposed to a host of readers craving to read more of what I might say. Hanging on each intriguing blog title that I could muster and thus propelling me into a blogospheric utopia...a blogtopia if you will. But then, I lost my edge. I lost my desire, that passion that once raged so intently inside of me began to fade. The flame fizzled. But still trapped inside of me is a blogger filled with meaningful and meaningless expressions alike. So today I not only confess, but I commit that I will begin afresh and anew "everyday thoughts, everyday life" for your daily amusement and pleasure...link or no link.

1 comment:

drewbenton said...

you got a link on my page... love your thoughts dude.