Friday, October 31, 2008

New Friends

Lately God has given me the privilege of meeting new people that are becoming my friends. The other day I told you of Austin. This week God allowed me to hang out with another new friend. A few months ago just after moving to Flowery Branch I saw an add in the paper that a church was doing a gas buy down. It was the heat of the gas crisis and we have one of those gas guzzling SUV's (I'd love to rid of it for those green people who are mad at me for having an SUV). It was a no brainer for me to hop in the Xterra and roll just down the road to get some cheaper gas. When arrived I met the pastor. Turns out he is a church planter who started just over a year ago in the Braselton area...basically the same area as Flowery Branch...kind of. His name is David Walters. He is a rocking church planter that God is using to lead a dynamic new church that is unquestionably reaching people for Jesus. The name of the church is The Vine. The other day I finally had the privilege of sharing coffee with David. The camaraderie that is almost immediate with church planters is amazing and was no exception between David and myself. I am looking forward to getting to know David a lot more in the future and am excited about how God is going to continue using The Vine and begin using Reveal Church to transform this area with the gospel!!

No comments: