Friday, March 16, 2007

My Thoughts on UNLEASH Conference

This was an incredible conference. I am so glad I did not miss this. Perry Noble was unbelievable. If you want to see what he had to say you can read the notes here. These are some of the things he said that really impacted me from his first session on what the church needs to do to make Jesus famous....

  • We give God half baked lethargic environments and expect God to move
  • You don't have to be original, you just have to be good enough to steal it and make it better
  • The time when people need embraced the most we say "to hell with you"
  • People say they want to go deep and be fed...if I am still feeding my child when she is 15 something is wrong...bring a spoon!
  • People are concerned about numbers when it is their bank account, but not when it comes to church
  • When you start doing something for God you are going to piss some people off
  • We need to quit focusing on the issues and behaviors and help people get to Jesus
  • If your focus is not on Jesus you need to change your focus or shut your doors
  • What the church is going to do matters for all eternity

No comments: